Don’t you wish that you had a good friend who could make solid recommendations on where to go and what to do in a new town? Well, MagoGuide is here to help.
MagoGuide Mobile Apps focus on providing travelers like you with information about the places we love that is really useful for planning a visit, while you’re there, or just to get to know an area a bit better. MagoGuide Mobile Apps let you take advantages of all our experiences, both the good and the bad, to figure out where to go, what to do, and what to avoid. And MagoGuide Mobile Apps keep on working even if you don’t have a signal.
Available MagoGuide Mobile Apps
We have two informative and entertaining apps out right now.
- MagoGuide Portland Pro – Great information on where to go and what to do in Portland, Oregon, especially restaurants and markets.
- MagoGuide NW Montana Pro – Information on Whitefish, Columbia Falls, Kalispell, Bigfork, and Missoula Montana as well as insider information about the North Fork of the Flathead River valley including hikes.
How Does It Work?
With MagoGuide Mobile Apps, you get all of the features to try out with the free version. You also get to see information about up to 5 places. If you like it, then we’ll prompt you to buy the full version and get access to all the places. Simple, right? You don’t have to buy anything unless you like it!
MagoGuide Mobile Apps Gives You
MagoGuide Mobile Apps were designed to be super easy to use. The focus is on providing suggestions that you’ll love with the minimum of fuss.
- We start with areas and venues that let you jump right into cool places and fun stuff.
- Next, there’s a list of places that you can sort and filter to find just what you’re looking for.
- You get information about places including a rating (our own rostra rating) and why we’re recommending them (or not). With restaurants, for example, we tell you all about our favorite dishes, the best times to visit, whether they have a worthy happy hour, the best beer… you get the idea.
- Want even more information? You also get quick links to ALL of our free blog posts that provide in-depth analysis of the scene.
- Search you ask? Of course. So you can search “breakfast,” for example, and get back all the great places that serve up that most important meal of the day.
- You can “heart” favorites (how sweet) and share them with your friends.
- If you’re lucky enough to be in a MagoGuide Mobile App area, you can use our interactive map to see what’s nearby and get directions.
- Found just what you’re looking for? We have live contact information so you can make quick calls or check out their website.
- And photos galore.
Get more information about how to use MagoGuide Mobile Apps from our MagoGuide Mobile Apps FAQ page.
So Why Buy a MagoGuide Mobile App?
First of all, MagoGuide Mobile Apps don’t rely on your having either a wireless or carrier signal. Although you would need those for links to directions, websites, and such, all of the MagoGuide reviews are loaded when the app is loaded. That also makes it super fast. No waiting around for information to load (or not) from the web.
Next, in almost every case, the other apps depend on users rating the place and/or writing a review. While this information might be useful, in our experience we’ve often found it just plain wrong.
For example, if a rating is based on just a few votes, that’s not really all that helpful. The owner can easily get his friends to give it a high rating. But even if the rating is based on a lot of votes, it can still be skewed one way or the other. How many of the voters have eaten at the place more than once?
As for the reviews… again sometimes helpful. But how often have you been put off by a poisonous review that might have been written by the chef’s ex-wife’s best girlfriend. In other words, you just don’t know.
Some apps have been sponsored by the local government to promote businesses or by organizations that take subscriptions from local businesses that want to be included. Let’s face it; although the information might be accurate, it just CAN’T be unbiased.
If you want an honest opinion by folks who have visited these places time after time, if you want help focusing your search for the best places to go, if you find yourself often disagreeing with the other app recommendations, then you’re going to love your MagoGuide Mobile App.
This year we’re working on MagoGuide Mobile Apps for Barcelona, Spain and Pantelleria, Sicily, two more of our favorite places. Stay tuned!
Have a suggestion on how to improve the app?
If you have an idea, let us know!